Wednesday, June 30

Did you notice?

Did you feel it, too? I'm pretty sure the world shifted on its axis ever so slightly. I think the tides rolled a little more fluidly, the stars sparkled a little brighter, the breeze caressed my skin a little gentler. The leaves on the trees are a little greener, the sky a more brilliant blue. The universe I gratefully embrace has hugged back.

My baby boy -- yes, BOY -- decided he was ready to fish early, just like his daddy. Kirby Armstrong arrived on the summer solstice, June 21 at 1:49 am. The heavens have packed more love than I could have ever imagined into 5 lbs, 15 oz and 19 inches of beautiful baby boy.

We are never again to see the world the same. The greatest sight our eyes have ever seen is here and we are so humbled, so blessed and so unfathomably in love.

Welcome, sweet baby Kirby. I could not in a million years have dreamed of anything more stellar than you.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Karen! What a sweet post. Will we see pictures here? I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly said. It's one of those things you just can't explain. You have to experience it to believe it. Pretty cool, huh? Miss you and love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet sweet Kirby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nor can I imagine anything more stellar than this wondrous little boy! Love you all so much.......

    ReplyDelete