Thursday, June 17

28 days

Dear JJ,
There aren't words that can adequately express what I want to say to you right now, so I'll go with what I can articulate. At the moment, you are thump-thump-thumping under my right rib cage. The doctor tells me we are on schedule and you might weigh around 6.5 pounds about now. I can't get over what a miracle that is. You were just a sparkly thought in my imagination a mere 8 months ago. Now you are more of a spark plug, energizing my day with your thumpity-thumps.

I imagine your squishy little legs and teeny toes wiggling and squiggling around in the belly ship. I giggle when you get the hiccups. I wonder about your little face, and if you have hair on your head, and if you'll get my ears or your dad's (he's hoping for his as he doesn't fully appreciate the quirkiness of mine). I hope your delivery into this world goes smoothly so that the first thing I can do is hold you and absorb your every feature and revel in the wonder that is you.

It's exciting and scary to think about being your mother. I am terrified of failing you, but I know that I am going to do the best that I can to make sure your every moment on this earth is filled with love and wonder and joy. I can't wait to figure out ways to make you laugh...you will hear lots of silly songs and rhymes from me. It might even embarrass you someday, or you may get my silly sense of humor and play along. I can't wait for you to meet your daddy...you are already his dream come true. Your extended family can't wait to meet you, too. We hope that Ollie will be as good with you as he is with the other little people who've visited our home. He's already quite fond of your room and can be found in there often, faced towards your crib. It makes me very happy.

For now, little kicker, snuggle in and rest. You've got a lot of growing to do. I will try to keep the camera out of your face every once in awhile, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be hard to do...it's not every day that all of the magic in the universe gets packed into one location.

Love, your mom

3 comments:

  1. Wow. You are now and always have been an amazing person. How lucky JJ will be! We can hardly wait for this blessed day.

    Love,
    Yer Mutha

    ReplyDelete
  2. 28 days...it will fly by! Be sure to save these little love notes to JJ...s/he will treasure them one day. Add our names to the list of eager ones to meet this sweet little bundle!!
    xo,
    Eleanor & co.

    ReplyDelete