...is a clue about what to register for. So if you're still hanging in there with this blerg and you know what goods made your mom arsenal better, please lay it on me. I'm pretty sure I need a crib, but I'd like your expert advice on the rest of it, as opposed to consulting another sponsored checklist on a baby site.
thanky kindly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Here's a good article about what you need verses what might be handy --
ReplyDeletehttp://www.babble.com/content/articles/columns/parentaladvisory/First-Gear-What-do-we-really-need-for-a-new-baby/
You DEFINITELY want a Miracle Blanket. It is a swaddle blanket that makes the baby look like a burrito when all is said and done. Then the burrito can sleep soundly for about 5 or 6 hours. Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteWe also use a white noise machine which is really helpful. I'll send you a copy of my registry...
Baby Bargains is a fantastic book with just this sort of info...great opinions on what you need and what you can live without. Plus, there are great product comparisons..price, safety, etc.
ReplyDeleteI used my copy before I made any major baby gear purchase...crib, car seat, etc.
Absolutely be sure to get a baby swing that goes both back-and-forth and side-to-side. Texas Bess slept in that thing day and night!
ReplyDeleteHi! I second the baby swing and miracle blanket. Also a nursing cover, if you will be giving breastfeeding a go. I liked the kind with the wire loop at the top so you can look down and see the baby and keep the baby cool while covered. Also, fancy burb cloths. I had some that were made out of cloth diapers, but had soft fabric on the middle part - fleece and what not. Cute and softer and more padded on the baby's cheek when babe is resting on your shoulder. A baby monitor. And my favorite baby book is/was Baby 411. Happy registering! I found it overwhelming...I hope you find it more fun than i did! : )
ReplyDeletethanks for the feedback, ladies!
ReplyDeleteafter little e screamed bloody murder before, during and after every single bath, we bought a fish-design bath pillow for a buck fifty at a baby consignment sale. sudden transformation!
ReplyDeleteit just sits on the bottom of the tub and baby sits on it, frees mommy/daddy's hands up more to wash, rather than clinging to slippery baby so much with one hand and trying to bathe her with the other.
obviously this comes after the very early infant baths, but sooooo helpful when it's time. oh, and don't forget, it HAS to be a fish design. :)