Tuesday, March 9

a six-pack of random

The lady bugs are rampant and biz-ay up in my windows. A little research on the web tells me that it is incorrect to call them lady bugs. Huh? They are actually Asian Lady Beetles. Oh. That is a huge difference. I don't want to kill them, and apparently releasing them outside is an exercise in futility. They have pheremoned my walls so completely that any ALB's within a quarter mile will be showing up to hibernate in the cold and get biz-ay when it warms up, from now until all eternity. Good thing they are cute and not here to eat the house.

Do not wash black denim with powder detergent. Even if you think you let the powder detergent completely dissolve. The splotchy jeans look was barely cool enough in the 80s; it has no chance here in the future.

I got a new-to-me car. Wheeee! It was first bought in North Pole, Alaska, so we named it Santa's Little Helper.

I really, really, really wish the neighborhood dogs would stop barking right now. Really.

Pre-natal vitamins have turned my finger and toe nails into steak knives, and they seem to be growing faster than I can maintain them. For the first time in my life, though, they kinda look pretty, even when sticking out of the holes in my socks.

Ollie and I went for a walk the other day on a lovely trail, and next to it was a small pond with the most glorious frog chorus I've heard in some time. It sounded like thousands of frogs chirping away. Ollie didn't know what to make of it and kept trying to figure out where each sound was coming from. I just stood there and basked in the noise of it all. It got louder and deeper and more complex and fervent and I just giggled and smiled like a lunatic. Two ladies walked by talking loudly and they all stopped croaking simultaneously. Instant silence. I was a little sad but still giddy about it all. A moment or two passed and a lone bullfrog rat-a-tat-tatted off an indignant call at the interruption. I laughed and began walking again, and a few minutes later I could hear in the distance that the party started again. It was tremendous fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment