Friday, January 15

Anda one, anda two...

It feels somewhat epic to start a blog, to put your mishmash of words out there and hope no one thinks you’re stupid or smelly or worse...not funny. In general, I try to live in the moment, but I’m also one of those people who rethinks my words a million times over. Thoughts like, “Should I have said that?” or “Was there a better way to say it?” or “Is it time for lunch?” are daily occurrences.

In this new year of 2010, I plan to laugh it up and share the joy. And I’m making every effort to not sweat the small stuff…at least, not until my first child makes his/her debut in this world. From what I hear, I will sweat a lot when that time comes. But oh what fun(!) to have a new little person to love and cherish, who will hopefully look like my husband and sleep like my dog, who I can giggle near and glubber over and mish-mash words with, like catbird and dogfish and elephantbug.

We’re at 14 weeks and 1 day. Welcome to my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Congratulations! I can't wait to read along on your adventure of pregnancy and parenthood. Yee-haw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for y'all! It is a wild ride and amazing journey, and I can't wait to hear all about it on your blog.

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my GOODNESS! Congratulations! You started a blog!

    (That whole thing about the baby is cool, too!)

    ReplyDelete