Five more weeks fly by. I'd like to say I'll be good at maintaining this blog, but I've always been a terrible liar, so it will be as sporadic as ever. But I couldn't resist posting this picture I took tonight. So many new things are happening every week.
You can prop him up and he can stay there. He is inquisitive and his strong little neck rotates that little blonde peach fuzz head around and around to take everything in. The strawberry hairs all fell out and his eyes are turning bluer by the day. He is busy busy busy... always driving the race car: clutch-shift-gas-steer! Repeat! He does pretty well in the car seat, but he gets roasty-hot in it quickly. He talks a lot and makes the cutest sounds. He smiles up at you as you change his diaper. He beams when his daddy walks in the room. When you hold him in your arms, he is starting to make an effort to sit up and forward... the concentration on his face and the grunts of effort are amazing. He doesn't nap well during the day, but sleeps pretty well at night. He first slept through the night on Oct 6th... not every night, but many since. He is starting to notice Ollie. He can reach out for things and he quickly brings them to his mouth. No pacifier for him, thanks, he'll enjoy his fists just fine. Sadly, he's taking medicine for acid reflux, and I'm now forgoing dairy to see if he has a milk allergy, but he is otherwise healthy and happy and you wouldn't know either is a problem by his typical disposition. He still succumbs to the witching hour occasionally, but now that we know that we can better guide him back to a happy place. He really seems to love being outside...tonight as we walked Ollie around the block, he didn't sleep or rest...just held his head up strong and took everything in in sweet silence.
He is doing wonderfully at daycare. I miss him terribly, but I am also glad to be back at work and stimulating the creative juices again. Look at this 17-week-young, happy, love of my life. We are blessed beyond our wildest dreams.


Look at those legs...nom, nom!
ReplyDeleteSo good to see you last night and meet this fine fella'.
He's an awesome addition to the world!
Gigi couldn't be prouder of our precious baby boy, daughter, husband, and dogboy--love you so!
ReplyDelete