Where is the time going? It seems like my tiny guy just got here, now he weighs over 12 pounds and is almost 2 feet long. Joy!
Sigh. It feels like I was in a fog the first 6 weeks of his life, so that's part of it, but I can hardly believe how much he's grown. I was just looking through all the photos I've taken of him since he was born and am a little disappointed I didn't do a better job of setting up the same picture every week to have a visual on his changes. I'm looking at him close range and see the facial changes, but I realized I'm missing the overall baby changes. Not really
missing them, just not processing them like you can with a photo. So, starting today I'm going to do a better job of that.
 |
| Kirby, 2 weeks old |
I love everything about him, but there are some extra special things that take my breath away:
- His breath on my neck when he suddenly gives in to sleep. It goes from flustered panting to a deep sigh. Ohhh, Heaven.
- When he lies in his crib and babbles and there will suddenly be an Ah-0ooo! of the happiest caliber. My heart thump-a-jumps...what was he just thinking about?
- Sometimes he wraps his arm up around my neck like he's hugging me back. Oof.
- The happy dance he does on the diaper table now (Yes, no more tears at diaper time. It's fun time).
- The sneaky, sneaky grin he gets right before he pees on me (this is why diaper time is fun now).
- The way his bottom lip sticks out when he's calming down after being upset. So pitiful.
- The wave of peace that rushes over him when we go outside. Love that.
- He turns and smiles at his daddy when he comes in the room. It's the purest grin.
- The grunts and sighs while he nurses.
- His eyebrows turn red when he's focusing on a bowel movement. But the relief on his face after he grunts and strains is priceless. It's like he just figured out the answer to the universe.
- The middle of the night feedings: he will sometimes giggle softly after he nurses or when I put him on my shoulder to burp. It always catches me by surprise and melts my heart.
Kirby goes to daycare for the first time tomorrow. It's a big day for both of us. In a month I'll go back to work, so I'm glad I have the chance to adjust to his being at daycare before I return work. Here's to hoping I am somewhat productive tomorrow, be it exercise or sleep or some house things, and not just increasing the stock value of Kleenex. Let's hope I don't forget to take the first day of daycare photo, too.
 |
| Kirby, 12 weeks old |
Oh my melty heart! Love that Kirby....
ReplyDelete